Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Countdown has begun...

8 More Days until teachers need to go back to school, and 15 more days until the students return. I am actually excited to go back to work, this has been my 1st summer off since High School and to be honest... I'm board. I've already gone back to visit my classroom and started decorating. My theme for this year is...(wait for it)....(drum roll)... SUPER HEROS!!!!! Yes, I know- I will have one of the coolest classrooms this year.

This will be my second year teaching full-time and I am still filled with so many questions and of course I have OCD and want to be completely prepared for the 1st day of school. Oy Vay! How many students will I have? What are their levels? What will I be teaching? Are they on FCAT?

Then when Open House comes...hahahah. It's interrogation time for me especially because I am 5'2" and do not look old enough to be teaching - I can still pass for a high school student :/
I will get the typical questions "What experience do you have?" (the sugarcoat way of asking -HOW OLD ARE YOU?!?!)

But all in all I am excited to go back and see the teachers and staff, my students from last year, meet my new students for this year, and know that everyday will be a new adventure.

5 comments:

  1. Give them my name and I will give them a reference as to your experience as a most excellent teacher!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your classroom!!! Make sure you cruise on over and check out my blog too!!! My theme for my room this year is Wild About School - Jungle... Don't you wish you were back???
    My Wild About School Blog
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss you and the school. Can't wait to see you again, but good thing we both like technology. Makes it easier to keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start to your Blog, I look forward to reading it.

    Love ya
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging! I'm so glad you joined the Newbie Blog Hop! I've nominated you for an award! Stop by my blog to check it out...

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    PS Enjoy the sugar-coated questions! Someday you'd kill for one of those! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through the newbie blog hop. I would love for you to visit when you have a chance.

    Jess
    Mrs. Wood's Class

    ReplyDelete